TRISTAR Steel is my new challenge, my new business in a new country. I am now in Romania and the company is headquartered in the industrial district of the country, Targoviste Dambovita, extending over a facility of approximately 4,700 square meters under the roof in a total area of 20,000 square meters. It’s a large production facility specifically intended for manufacturing only small diameters of chrome plated bars and linear shafts. In particular:
- Hard Chrome Plated Bars in the range of 6.00 mm up to 25.4 mm
- Induction hardened and ground Linear Shafts in the range of 6.00 mm up to 40.00 mm
With the experience I’ve gained from a long history of working in the hydraulic and pneumatic cylinder industry, I’ve come to the conclusion that the global market is in need of the specific products that TRISTAR Steel provides: high quality, accurate and pioneering components with the objective of improving the productivity and performance of final products (like shock absorbers in the automotive industry, gas cylinders, actuators and pneumatic cylinders).
These two components – chromium plated bars and precision shafts for linear motion – are mainly produced by generalist manufacturers, companies that make a wide range of products. Not only that, but they also use old-fashioned manufacturing processes. In contrast, TRISTAR Steel is focused on small sizes AND equipped with technologically advanced and automated machinery that can guarantee high-quality products.
TRISTAR Steel’s customers are global OEMs and selected distributors that are very demanding in terms of steel grades, tolerance on diameter, roughness and chrome layer thickness. Here is what especially defines TRISTAR Steel:
- Precise and certified outside diameter tolerance over the full length
- Quality System certified by ISO/TS 16949, ISO-18001 and ISO-14001
- 100% traceability
- High corrosion resistance
- Automatic visual control on the OD surface
- On time delivery
- Tailor made packaging
- High quality customer service
TRISTAR Steel promises to be another success story for three main reasons:
- We focus on a niche market, producing only small diameters.
- We ensure high quality and accuracy of the product.
- We exceed customer expectations, by providing a product and a service of a quality considerably above the market standards.